As we enter into another shift, whether it looks like moving into more social spaces or back into quarantine solitude — transitions offer us the opportunity to pause and conduct a life audit. One of the most important things to check in with are your relationships. Who are you surrounding yourself with? Are they bettering you or stirring up cynicism and doubt? Do you feel calm or relief in their absence?
Becoming more conscious of the people in your physical and emotional space is essential, especially when you’re building a dream. This is why I spent the path month, interviewing many people to find the right fit for the MM team. They say 'hire slow and fire fast' - right? When it comes to your deep passion, new project on the horizon or intimate relationships, surrounding yourself with the right people will make all the difference in the world.
If you’re unsure about how to begin reflecting on this, ask yourself these questions about the people you surround yourself with:
1. Do they live with integrity?
2. Do they encourage you towards freedom, creativity, and your best self?
3. Are they genuinely curious about themselves, others, and the world around them?
4. Do they say what they mean and mean what they say?
5. Do you mutually value and respect each other?